Preparation for an OFSTED inspection is key.
Inspectors will ask questions to a wide range of stakeholders to gather evidence against the inspection handbook criteria.
These question packs contain more than 300 actual questions that may be asked during an OFSTED inspection – to help prepare responses and record evidence to discuss with an inspector. Annotate responses, discuss with your teams and have detailed, clear, concise responses already considered to provide inspectors with detailed information and supporting evidence.
Included in this downloadable resource are question booklets for:
- Headteachers, Principals, CEOs and senior leaders – 90 minute phone call questions
- Subject leaders, middle leaders, curriculum leaders and heads of department – questions related to leadership and curriculum design (intent)
- Lesson observation questions likely to be asked with subject leaders following a joint observation
- SEND – questions to help prepare your SENDCo
- Phonics and reading questions – essential for all schools
- Governors – questions to help prepare your governing board
- Teachers – questions to help prepare teachers for conversations with inspectors
- Children – find out what your children think about learning, teacher feedback and behaviour
Updates June 2023:
- School Business Manager – questions to help prepare your SBM in relation to finance and policies
- British Values – questions for all stakeholders, including pupils, to establish your approach to embedding British Values
- Inclusion and attendance – questions to help prepare for a discussion about how you are working to improve attendance
If you previously purchased this product, log into the website using the username and password you created during the order process. Then click ‘My account’ in the top right-hand corner. If prompted for an admin password, you will find this on your original invoice. Once logged in you will see a ‘Downloads’ option in the left-hand side menu. Here you can download the updated documents.