UPDATED SEPTEMBER 2023
OFSTED is to inspect all of England’s schools and colleges in an attempt to gauge how well the education system is recovering after the pandemic. All the more than 24,000 schools and 335 further-education providers will be inspected at least once by summer 2025. You need to be ready!
This eBook is a comprehensive guide to preparing for an OFSTED inspection, with 300 pages of advice, tips and information you, your leaders and staff need to help prepare for an inspection so that you are ready to go into an inspection with confidence and preparation.
All the latest OFSTED handbook and framework updates are covered, including aspects to consider when discussing your response to managing, and emerging from, the pandemic. The areas covered are:
- Background and latest updates
- Pre-inspection preparation – everything you need to have ready before your phone call
- Myth busting – make sure everyone knows what OFSTED will and won’t do
- Reading focus – why reading is such an important part of the Deep Dives
- Preparing subject leaders
- Preparing staff and governors – teachers, senior leaders, support staff and teaching assistants
- The initial phone call – how it will work, the focus of the discussion and planning the inspection
- The inspection visit
- Personal development
- Deep Dives into subjects – explore the six areas of the Deep Dive in depth
Each section contains actual OFSTED questions that your teams can discuss and annotate responses for so that they are fully prepared for joint observations, meetings and discussions with inspectors. These questions are perfect for developing subject leaders and to use during INSET and staff meetings.