This is a one day CPD course that will unpick what is expected from subject and middle leaders under the new OFSTED Inspection Framework.
This course will also enable subject leaders to explore ways to build an outstanding curriculum and provide an in-depth overview of the knowledge, skills and key concepts that children need to become exceptional learners.
It is essential for subject leaders to have a deep understanding of the content and subject pedagogy specific to their subject and how this was used to create curriculum maps to implement the subject effectively.
This course will help you to:
- Excel during an OFSTED Deep Dive
- Gain a deep understanding of the content knowledge and content pedagogical knowledge
- Create a progressive, sequential curriculum map covering the key concepts, knowledge and skills required
- Talk effectively about your vision, intent, implementation and impact for your subject
- Clearly articulate and evidence curriculum content, sequencing and progression
- Review and improve your subject action plan
- Look at the links between subjects to strengthen your whole-school curriculum
- Understand the latest OFSTED expectations for outstanding subject/middle leaders
- Understand monitoring, self-evaluation, assessment, action planning and evidence required to excel during an inspection
- Understand what OFSTED will look for in an outstanding subject/middle leader
- Prepare for questions that OFSTED will ask
- Plan how to implement next steps to drive performance and improve standards in your school
Includes our subject leadership toolkit worth £125
This course is appropriate for:
- Senior Leaders
- Subject/middle Leaders
This course is ideal for leaders of:
History, geography, languages, RE, Music, Art and Design, Design Technology, PE, computing