Would your reading curriculum stand up to a deep dive during an OFSTED inspection?
Now is the time to audit, evaluate and improve the teaching of reading in your school!
The current OFSTED Inspection Framework has a clear focus on reading with a mandatory deep dive into early reading and reading in primary schools. There is an expectation that reading is a high priority for all schools so that all pupils become fluent, confident readers. This course focuses all aspects of the reading curriculum and provides practical guidance and resources.
- OFSTED Deep Dives – Early reading and whole school priorities
- Developing an outstanding Reading Culture
- Choosing the Right Books and promoting a love of Reading
- Progression of reading skills and behaviours
- Teaching reading – organisation, decoding and comprehension
- Reading assessment
- The importance of understanding Tier 2 and Tier 3 vocabulary to develop comprehension
- Developing reading across the curriculum
- Providing support for readers who are falling behind
- Structuring a reading week
- Develop a rigorous approach to reading
This course is aimed at:
- English leads
- Senior leaders
This course is for the whole day from 9.30 am until 3.30 pm and there will be activities for delegates to complete.