The current OFSTED Inspection Framework has a clear focus on the lowest 20% of readers, with a mandatory deep dive into early reading and reading in primary schools. Reading – and phonics – will also be a significant area of a secondary school inspection too!
There is an expectation that reading is a high priority for all schools so that all pupils become fluent, confident readers. This course focuses all aspects of the reading curriculum and provides practical guidance and resources to support the lowest 20%.
- OFSTED Deep Dives – Early reading and whole school priorities
- Developing an outstanding Reading Culture
- Barriers many children have to reading
- Working with parents
- Progression of reading skills and behaviours
- Recent research outcomes about reading for your most vulnerable readers
- The importance of understanding Tier 2 and Tier 3 vocabulary to develop comprehension
This course is aimed at:
- English leads
- Senior leaders
This course is for the whole day from 9.30 am until 3.30 pm and there will be activities for delegates to complete plus useful resources for use in the classroom.