This course is appropriate for school leaders in all phases and includes resources to help school leaders prepare for the phone call prior to inspection.
- Background and latest updates
- Essential terminology
- Key concepts underpinning the framework
- Pre-inspection preparation
- Myth busting
- Reading focus
- Preparing staff and governors
- The initial phone call
- The inspection visit
- Deep Dives into subjects
In addition, this course outlines the revised inspection process and the changes to the school inspection framework and handbooks:
- Inspecting the curriculum – evaluating senior leaders’ intent for the curriculum and their understanding of its implementation and impact
- Evaluating long-term and medium term thinking and planning, content choices and curriculum sequencing
- Visits to explicitly connected samples of lessons
- Work scrutiny of books and other evidence of work produced by pupils
- Discussions with teachers to understand how the curriculum informs their choices about content and sequencing
- Discussions with pupils from lessons observed
Resource packs will also be provided for all delegates.
Includes lunch and refreshments.
- Senior Leaders