Primary Spelling is a structured programme for Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 where children learn spellings by word family.
- Electronic word lists with audio – click words to hear them
- Example sentences with hidden words and reveal panel
- Children learn up to 12 new words per week
- More than 50 word family lessons in Key Stage 2
- Supports and consolidates phonics teaching from KS1
- Photocopiable word lists to cut out and send home with children to learn spellings
- Photocopiable and interactive word searches to help learn the statutory word lists
- Weekly dictation exercise – electronically assessed or photocopiable worksheet with audio
- Teacher notes for each word family
- Primary style cursive font to assist reading
Years 3-4suffixes, y, ou, dis, mis, in, il/im/ir, re, sub, super, inter, anti, auto, ation, ly, sure, ture, sion, ous, tion, ssion, cian, ch, ch(k), gue, que, sc, ei, ey
Years 5-6cious, tious, cial, tial, ant, ance, ancy, ent, ence, ency, able, ably, ible, ibly, ferr, fer, hyphens, ei, ough, silent letters
Years 3-6statutory words years 3-4, statutory words years 5-6
Try some KS2 units
Enter 0000000 for the DFE number and user ID 00 when viewing the assessment page in these units.
il – im – ir
Track individual, class and school progress using our dedicated assessment tool which allows you to identify:
- Which concepts have been assessed – for each child
- The year group expectation that each child is working at
- Which concepts are strengths and which need consolidating – for each child
- Whole school information – filter data by gender, year group and class
View or print assessment data reports by whole school, class or individual child.