The COVID-19 pandemic has affected how education settings operate. As a result, OFSTED have published an updated inspection handbook. The changes cover how OFSTED will inspect early years providers, schools, further education and skills providers and non-association independent schools during the autumn term.
This course outlines the revised inspection process and the changes to the school inspection handbooks:
- Inspecting the curriculum – evaluating senior leaders’ intent for the curriculum and their understanding of its implementation and impact
- Evaluating long-term and medium term thinking and planning, content choices and curriculum sequencing
- Visits to explicitly connected samples of lessons
- Work scrutiny of books and other evidence of work produced by pupils
- Discussions with teachers to understand how the curriculum informs their choices about content and sequencing
- Discussions with pupils from lessons observed
This course is appropriate for subject and school leaders in all phases and includes resources to help school leaders prepare for the phone call prior to inspection.