- This event has passed.
‘Deep Dives’ for subject and middle leaders – Brighton
9th March 2020 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pm£185
The aim of this course is to support senior, middle and subject leaders prepare for a ‘deep dive’ OFSTED inspection into curriculum subjects.
From September 2019, Quality of Education is one of the four key judgements made during an OFSTED inspection. Inspectors will undertake ‘deep dives’ into areas of the curriculum, particularly the foundation subjects. The quality and effectiveness of middle and subject leaders will directly impact on a school’s overall grade for Quality of Education but also for the Leadership and Management judgement.
What will I learn from this course?
- The rationale behind the OFSTED Framework and how the inspection process will work
- What ‘deep dives’ will look like during the inspection process
- What you, as a middle or subject leader, need to know and do – your role during the inspection
- Understand OFSTED expectations for good and outstanding curriculum provision
- To be confident to talk effectively about your subject vision, intent, implementation and impact across all phases
- How to plan, monitor, evaluate and assess your curriculum subject effectively
- Skills and knowledge progress in your subject
- Improving pupils’ retention of key knowledge
- Understanding metacognition and how it applies to long term learning
- The importance of components and composites of the curriculum
This course is intended for:
- Senior leaders
- Subject/middle leaders
- Maintained schools – primary
- Academies – primary
- Free schools – primary
Included course materials, model documents and certificate for your CPD record.
Please read our terms and conditions – click here.