This course will enable languages leaders to explore ways to build an outstanding languages curriculum. The course will also provide an in-depth overview of the knowledge, skills and key concepts that children need to become exceptional linguists.
It is essential for subject leaders to have a deep understanding of the content and subject pedagogy specific to their subject and how this was used to create curriculum maps to implement the subject effectively.
This course will help you to:
- Excel during a languages deep dive
- Gain a deep understanding of the content knowledge and content pedagogical knowledge in languages
- Create a progressive, sequential languages curriculum map covering the key concepts, knowledge and skills required
- Raise attainment in languages across the school
- Talk effectively about your vision, intent, implementation and impact for languages
- Clearly articulate and evidence curriculum content, sequencing and progression
- Understand OFSTED expectations for outstanding subject/middle leaders
- Understand monitoring, self-evaluation, assessment, action planning and evidence required to excel during an inspection
- Understand what OFSTED will look for in an outstanding subject/middle leaders
- Prepare for questions that OFSTED will ask
Includes our subject leadership toolkit worth £125