This course will enable computing leaders to explore ways to build an outstanding computing curriculum. The course will also provide an in-depth overview of the knowledge, skills and key concepts that children need to become exceptional coders.
It is essential for subject leaders to have a deep understanding of the content and subject pedagogy specific to their subject and how this was used to create curriculum maps to implement the subject effectively.
This course will help you to:
- Excel during a computing deep dive
- Gain a deep understanding of the content knowledge and content pedagogical knowledge in computing
- Create a progressive, sequential computing curriculum map covering the key concepts, knowledge and skills required
- Raise attainment in computing across the school
- Talk effectively about your vision, intent, implementation and impact for computing
- Clearly articulate and evidence curriculum content, sequencing and progression
- Understand OFSTED expectations for outstanding subject/middle leaders
- Understand monitoring, self-evaluation, assessment, action planning and evidence required to excel during an inspection
- Understand what OFSTED will look for in an outstanding subject/middle leaders
- Prepare for questions that OFSTED will ask
Includes our subject leadership toolkit worth £125