Develop reading skills such as skimming and scanning
Engage readers – particularly boys – with short, focussed and engaging texts
Improve stamina with time limits for reading and comprehension
- Comprehension questions cover a range of reading content domains assessed at the end of Key Stage 2
- Visual, colourful and engaging texts – perfect for boys
- Short texts to maintain interest – different topics every time
- Diagrams, illustrations, photographs and infographics
- Fascinating facts about a range of topics – builds general knowledge and supports other curriculum areas
- Use for guided, shared or purposeful independent reading
- Perfect for use on an interactive whiteboard – use as a whole class teaching resource
- Can be used as an individual iLearning resource on tablets or laptops – in school or at home
Choose a level of challenge - how quickly can you read the text?
Read the text quickly and try to remember as much as possible!
How many questions can you answer about the text in 1, 2, 3 or 4 minutes?
Compete with friends or play individually - how many points can you score?
Example texts – a wide of range of topics are included
Comprehension content domains covered **
- 2a Give/explain the meaning of words in context
- 2b Retrieve and record information/identify key details from fiction and non-fiction
- 2c Summarise main ideas from more than one paragraph
- 2d Make inferences from the text/ explain and justify inferences with evidence from the text
- 2e Predict what might happen from details stated and implied
- 2f Identify/explain how information/narrative content is related and contributes to meaning as a whole/
*Cost per pupil based on an average of 200 pupils. No subscription required. Access on-line on any device for unlimited users – in school or at home for students.
**Content domains covered over time – not every content domain is used in each text.